Friday, January 06, 2006

Mobilized!

Having been mobilized, I decided to take one out of the pages of Teddy Wisdom and create a blog for my friends and family to read. Hope it's not misguided. Mrs. Teddy said I should (I think...I was drunk), and I do what Mrs. Teddy says, as a rule.

Well, it's now the fifth of January. I've been mobilized since the first, in Camp Pendleton, CA, since the second, and will be heading to 29 Palms, CA, on the twelfth. I'm with 4th PLT Btry A 1/14 (long story) right now, and crossing my fingers that it stays that way. We've been doing a lot of Arabic language training and prison guard training, which has been mildly engaging at least. The Marines I'm with are outstanding.

Soon I'll be in 29 Palms for ILOC (intermediate location training) with the unit, awaiting a spot in my job (communications) school. If I get a spot soon enough then I can stay with my unit after I'm finished, which is good. If not, then at least I won't have to just sit around doing working parties, as I'll head back to my unit and do real training with them in the meantime.

I have to be a buddy for someone who wants to make a head call, so I'm out.

Semper Fidelis,
Roger

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First comment. Ha. I win.

January 06, 2006 5:07 AM  
Blogger TeddY2K said...

Damn you Tyler! You beat me. I will have to be satisfied with second. This site rules.

January 06, 2006 5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is a marine like a woman?

Apparently both need partners to go the bathroom


Muhahahahaha

January 07, 2006 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the good news is Teddy got back today, and if you want to see pictures from the formal Mike's posted his at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mbrogue3

Take care of yourself until a year from now when we have your homecoming party.

January 08, 2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Roger.

Thank you for listening to me and setting up this blog. You'll be surprised at how many people will keep up with your escapades!

We'll keep the buttons polished on your Civil War jacket so it will be ready for you when you get back.

Take care.

January 10, 2006 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for providing all of us a way to keep track of you. I hope that your schedule works out so you can stay with the unit you want.

So, for communications work, is that walkie talkie kind of stuff or satellite telephone kind of stuff?

January 10, 2006 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that you are doing this blog. I have told a couple of my friends to check the site out. I saw mrs. teddy and teddy's dad post, so I figured I better give it a try.

January 11, 2006 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Matt, I tried to use that link to the pictures of the Rogue formal, and it shut my computer down. It might not be the site, my computer is old and does strange things, but maybe we weren't meant to view the types of behavior that were going on there.

January 11, 2006 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I should have taught you some great Arabic phrases before you left. None of them would be very plesant, but they would get the point across. Take care hun!
-Freel

January 11, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rog,
This is great! I am still getting used to the possibilities of technology. I hope you don't have to also raise your hand before the head call! Hope you get your communication post and I bet you love the language training.

January 12, 2006 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roger,

On a BLOG (which is short for Web log for those who didn't know) it is helpful to post more than once every 8 days. :-))

How can we know what is going on if you don't post? Even if you say the day was uneventful except for the large arachnids in your quarters, we can at least feel we are in touch.

The challenge is to have the discipline (which the Marines should be teaching you) to post regularly.

The great and wonderful Oz has spoken. (Colloquially know as "the Lethal Weapon")

January 13, 2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, the web page I posted for formal pictures is indeed down, so I started a new one with all the pictures from all the people I could get here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mattlberge/my_photos

January 20, 2006 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home