Monday, May 01, 2006

One more day

Folks,
Tomorrow night I'm outta here. I have to make this short because I have stuff to do, so bear with me.

I took a train to Anaheim Saturday night to go to some godawful hiphop club with lots of skanky girls and too many guys to compete with. I got to see the Mighty Ducks stadium and the Angels stadium. I drank too much and had a massive hangover Sunday. Glynn's uncle, who lives in Anaheim, picked us up Sunday around noon and we got some In 'n Out burgers and hung out at his uncle's house. He was a very kind old guy and pick up our tabs both for lunch and dinner (we had dinner at Chili's...carne asada steak is really good). Then we headed back to base. Nothing too fancy.

I finally watched Rocky and then last night Rocky 2. They're much better than I originally would have guessed, and now we're trying to watch at least the third one before we head out.

Nothing else too exciting to report. Hope all's well at home, and I will try to catch up as much as possible as soon as possible. Supposedly we've got reliable internet at Al Quaim, so if I ever make it there it should be easy to catch up. Take 'er easy, folks, and take good care of yourselves. Love ya all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roger,
Good Luck with everything, I know you're gonna do great. We're all so proud of you. Let me know when you have an official address, i have a very special autographed book to send ya. Take care of yourself and let us know how the sand box is (oh and tell my relatives I say hi :)

May 01, 2006 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go do your best. "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid"

May 02, 2006 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roger,

It is good to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear you got some rest and relaxation in before you head over. Too bad you had to go to a club that sucked, though. Glynn's uncle sounds like a swell fellow. I wish there were a few more in California! :) Take care of yourself and your comrades!

Love,

Alex

May 02, 2006 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Roger, it's matt wood. Just wanted to say may God Bless and Protect you on your journey. Do what you have to to get back to us safe and sound. You are in the Wood family's thoughts and prayers. We'll see you when you come home!
Love and Respect to all my brothers,
Matt

May 02, 2006 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roger.

May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May 02, 2006 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto from me.

May 03, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home