Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pictures

This is actually the last post today, but it'll be the first you'll see so I'll let you know what's going on. I started posting pictures of people that I've collected and whatever else I hadn't posted that was interesting. The first post today had an explanation and is a ways down the page. Hope this satisfies those of you who keep asking for pictures, because I don't have many more, and really none more that are interesting.

Judging by the lack of oil at this IED blast site, looks like they didn't hit anybody this time.


Detainee release


A detainee praying at a stop


Some Iraqi Army types, Sgt. Galvan, Fareed, and my roommate Tank


Coates, Powell, Sgt. Goodman and Cpl. Cox


Powell, Richardson, Cpl. Cox and Raines


Gunny Stuart, SSgt. Valdez, Doc V and a 14-year-old IA

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Rog!

January 29, 2007 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are all the other posters? We've been begging Roger for pictures (at least I have) and he finally complies and puts some up, and nobody but me can bother to even acknowledge his effort? Come on people, you can do better than that! There are two post previous to this that you can claim first posting rights! What the heck is going on here? Just because Roger's back in the States and relatively safe (considering his lifestyle)doesn't mean we should be lackadaisical about communicating, does it? If no one posts in the next two days on those earlier picture post, I will claim the honor for myself, and I am old and slow. I am depending on Roger's friends (I know he has some) to post witty and humorous comments about the pictures he has posted. It should be our way of helping to support the troops. What do you say, gang?

January 30, 2007 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats not Doc V, its Major Steidle

January 30, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Roger W. said...

Wilbur,
Who the heck is Major Steidle? And now looking closer at it I can see that it's not Doc V, because his face isn't quite lanky enough.

Dad,
I'm in total agreement. I've been eagerly awaiting some kind of pat on the back for finally getting up a good amount of pictures.

January 30, 2007 11:46 PM  
Blogger Roger W. said...

And to me, a pat on the back is basically the acknowledgment (via a quick comment) that at least a few people even saw the new posts.

January 30, 2007 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the new posts!!! i was going to comment here, but i was so impressed that i sent you a card and some flowers via snail mail. have you received them yet? i hope roses weren't too cliche. any of the boys in those pictures single? ;) omg roger, i, like, totally love you, you rock!!! bff!

</sarcasm>

February 03, 2007 4:43 PM  
Blogger Roger W. said...

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

February 04, 2007 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still checking. Good work!

February 05, 2007 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major Steidle is a Hotel marine that was attached to a MITT team out in Baghdadi, he's funny but an asshole.

February 07, 2007 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home