Friday, February 23, 2007

Prayers

I don't know who all still reads this that was reading it while I was still in Iraq, but I got to thinking about some events from over there today and realized I don't think I've ever offered my deepest gratitude to everybody that prayed for me and my fellow Marines while I was over there. I wouldn't call myself any kind of outspoken religious type, but I can tell you that the collective prayers for me were answered, and worked to the great fortune of myself and the Marines around me. We were too lucky too many times for it to be luck. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger,

You're welcome. Never underestimate the power of prayer. I pray every week for the safety of the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines that are in harms way throughout the world. When you were in Iraq you had the congregations of at least 2 Catholic churches and 2 Protestant churches saying prayers for you personally. I know that because people told me they were praying for you. You say you're not some kind of outspoken religious type; let me tell you that having your son join the United States Marine Corps and then get deployed to a combat zone will focus your thinking on the subject!

Dad

February 25, 2007 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home